Monday, January 23, 2012

Reflection of 5 day juice fast

I broke my juice fast with some good friends to a meal at Red Lobster.  I felt seafood would be a good protein to start consuming and I knew I could get some vegetables.  Those delicious cheddar biscuits were no longer so delicious.  I remember being able to eat a whole basket and want more.  Now I didn't even eat a whole biscuit.  The coconut shrimp was probably the food I enjoyed the most.  The salad was also very satisfying.  Typically on a juice fast most people say the crave vegetables more, which I believe is more subconscious than anything else.  I have always enjoyed vegetables for the most part, but would say I enjoy them even more now.  Particular the crisp fresh taste of a slice of cucumber, that really made the salad great for me.

The rest of the weekend I had a few servings of juice per day and enjoyed a few things I could not have throughout the week.  I had a burger and some fries (twice actually) and homemade pizza.  The burgers were really good and I truly enjoyed them, but my appetite had definitely changed in terms of quantity.  I am not just talking about capacity (ie shrinking stomach) but satiety too.  Same goes for the fries, I didn't eat them all, where usually I would usually want a second serving or steal some from someone else.

Overall, I would recommend a juice fast to most people.  It resets the taste buds a bit and helps to re-prioritize food.  Of course, there are the other benefits of juicing, as in the increased amount of nutrients to repair and heal the body.

Cheers!

PS. I lost 5 lbs too, which was a nice benefit.


No comments:

Post a Comment