Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 4 of Juice Fast

Still going strong for my week juice fast.  I wouldn't say that I have any cravings, but I definitely have appreciation for some foods I cannot have.  I know a week is not even that long, but long enough I suppose.  Today I made two juices, one for breakfast and another for the work.

Breakfast: 2 oranges, 1 carrot, big handful spinach
Day Juice: few limes, 4 kale, 8 carrots, 4 handfuls of spinach

I plan to break my fast with a fish dinner with some veggies.  Then go to a more paleo approach.  I will also incorporate a cheat or free day.  Some people really have issues with the cheat since in connotes negative or wrong feelings.  Personally, calling it a cheat day is fine by me.  What that means to me is that 6 days a week I will eat lots of high quality meat, vegetables, fruit and dairy.  One day a week I can indulge in some grains and starches that are high quality as well.  I lean towards organic whenever possible and also try to get as much grass fed/free range meats and dairy too.  If people only knew or were aware, those who are anti red meat are really anti corn fed red meat and don't even know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment