Saturday, April 21, 2012

David Goggins US Navy SEAL Iron Man

The whole "interview" is outstanding and motivation.  An excellent example of sacrifice, service and athleticism.



Here are the notable quotes that really hit me or moved me personally.

  • To test my soul, to see what I’m all about.
  • That’s when you know.  That is the only time you can find out what the human body is all about.  What you’re made of.  Limits to myself, limits to the human soul.  Everyday I’m trying to see if I have limits.
  • I don’t just train for an hour or so,  I train until it somethin’ is uncomfortable.  Then that is when you know who you really are.
  • My life doesn’t have a finish line, so when I cross the finish line of the ironman, it doesn’t matter.  I know in two or three weeks from now, I’ll be doing something else that provides me more pain.
  • I believe everything, you know, I try to do is defined by excellence.   But I don’t think I can reach excellence myself, because the standards of my life are really higher.  So I don’t think I can reach it, but I try to every day.
  • You have to be a good individual first, before you can be a good team member.
  • I’ve done a lot of things that I though was impossible, but nothing is impossible anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment